This year I would so love to deliver 200 Blankets to the
"Victory Junction Gang Camp"
Victory Junction Gang opened in June 2004. The Camp is a year-round camp that serves children, ages 6 to 16, with a variety of health issues. During the summer, the Camp offers week-long, disease-specific sessions with up to 128 kids per session. During the fall, winter and spring, family weekends are offered with 32 families per weekend. no child or family has to incur the cost of attending Victory Junction. The children served at Victory Junction are not able to attend normal summer camps due to their unique medical needs.
Each camper at Victory Junction takes home a hand-made afghan as a souvenir from camp.
- we will be doing 6" & 12" Squares. (This will be a great on for the ladies that love doing the basic 6" granny square)
- The afghans should be knitted or crocheted with bright, cheerful colors! Our camper unit colors are blue, green, yellow and red and are great choices for afghans! any of the Bright cheerful colors
- There are no specific design requirements, you can be as creative as you like!(PLEASE!! NO BIG HOLES!)
- The afghans should be 35-40 inches wide by 45-50 inches long.
- Round Ripples should be 45 -48 inches across
Here is the link for all you need to know about the camp:
This is a Project that is not really known about to much outside of the NASCAR Family! SO I really do hope and Pray that this will help them and also help get the word out to such a great place that really helps the kids have a great and safe vacation in their life's!!
As in 2008 I will have my friend Sandy (who we are now calling Dusty) here in town helping me with all the picture taking, sewing and storing again (think I need to tell her?) or surprise her
I will be taking our first load down to the camp in May when I will get to meet Carol there
She is the one that gave me this Idea for this year! Thank you so much Carol!!
This would be such a dream come true to be able to take 100 then and then another 100 at the end of the year
so are we up for this challenge? will you all come along with me again in 2009? and lets show everyone what a great Bunch of crocheters & knitters we have here on the Internet
here is the thread I started over at Crochetville and in POST #3 you will fine our Team Button for anyone that would like to use it on your blogs! Thank you Tammy "teakaycee" for making the button for us