1 day ago
Friday, May 23, 2008
12" HomeTown Square
H hook & 2 colors of Red Heart yarn.
with CA, Ch 5, join with sl to make loop.
1. Ch 3 (counts as first dc now, and throughout), 19 dc in loop, join in 3rd ch of beginning ch 3 (20 dc)
2. Ch 4 (counts a dc, ch 1), dc, ch 1 in each dc around, join in 3rd ch of beginning ch 4 (20 dc, 20 ch-1=40 stitches)
3. Ch 1, sc in same stitch, *2 sc in next chain one space, sc in dc* around to last ch 1 space. 2 sc in next ch 1 space, join with sl in beginning single crochet (60 sc).
4. (WORKING IN FRONT LOOP ONLY OF THIS ROW) Ch 1, sc in joining stitch, *skip next sc, 3 dc in next sc, skip next sc, sc in next sc* around, joining in first sc of this row (15 shell stitches, 15 sc, 30 skipped sts)Finish of CA
5. (WORKING IN BACK LOOP ONLY OF ROW 3, and behind shells of row 4) Add CB in back loop as sl st in rnd 4, ch 3, dc, ch 2, 2 dc in same stitch (corner made),* sk next sc, dc in next 2 sc, hdc in next 2 sc, sk next stitch sc in next 2 sc, sk next sc, hdc in next 2 sc, dc in next 2 dc, sk next sc, 2dc-ch2-2dc in next st *, repeat from * to * 3 times, until last 2dc of set, join with sl to 3rd ch of beginning ch 3.
6. Sl in next st and into next ch 2 space, ch 3, dc-ch2-2dc in same space, *dc in each of the next 14 stitchs of prev row, *2dc-ch2-2dc in next space* 3 times, join with sl in 3rd ch of beginning ch 3 Finish off CB
7. Add CA in any Ch 2 sp, ch 3, dc-ch2-2dc in same space, dc in next st, *ch 2, decrease dc over next 4 sts, close with an extra ch that does not count in your overall stitch count* 4 times, ch 2, dc in next st, 2dc-ch2-2dc in next ch2 space, repeat on each side, join with sl in 3rd ch of beginning ch 3
8. Sl in next dc and into the next ch 2 space, ch 3, dc-ch2-2dc in same space, dc in next 3 dc *skipping all ch 2 spaces across, 4 dc in the top of each "peak" of the prev row, dc in next 3 dc, corner in corner, repeat across each side, join with sl to the 3rd ch of beginning ch3. Finish off CA
9. Add CB in any ch 2 space, ch 3, dc-ch2-2dc in same space, dc in each of the next 26 dc, corner in corner around, sl in the 3rd ch of beginning ch3.
10. Repeat row 9 with 30 dc across
11. Sl to corner space, (depending on how close you are to your 12" square use either sc, hdc, or Dc to get to your 12" square) 3 stitches in corner, stitch in each stitch across, repeat around.
finish off, weave in all ends