2 days ago
Friday, May 23, 2008
Hometown mini 6" square
H hook & 2 colors of Red Heart yarn.
with CA, Ch 5, join with sl to make loop.
1. Ch 3 (counts as first dc now, and throughout), 19 dc in loop, join in 3rd ch of beginning ch 3 (20 dc)
2. Ch 4 (counts a dc, ch 1), dc, ch 1 in each dc around, join in 3rd ch of beginning ch 4 (20 dc, 20 ch-1=40 stitches)
3. Ch 1, sc in same stitch, *2 sc in next chain one space, sc in dc* around to last ch 1 space. 2 sc in next ch 1 space, join with sl in beginning single crochet.
4. (WORKING IN FRONT LOOP ONLY OF THIS ROW) Ch 1, sc in joining stitch, *skip next sc, 3 dc in next sc, skip next sc, sc in next sc* around, joining in first sc of this row (15 shell stitches, 15 sc, 30 skipped sts)Finish of CA
5. (WORKING IN BACK LOOP ONLY OF ROW 3, and behind shells of row 4) Add CB in same sc as sl st, ch 3, dc, ch 2, 2 dc in same stitch (corner made),* sk next sc, dc in next 2 sc, hdc in next 2 sc, sk next stitch sc in next 2 sc, sk next sc, hdc in next 2 sc, dc in next 2 dc, sk next sc, 2dc-ch2-2dc in next st *, repeat from * to * 3 times, until last 2dc of set, join with sl to 3rd ch of beginning ch 3.
6. Sl in next st and into next ch 2 space, ch 3, dc-ch2-2dc in same space, *dc in each of the next 14 stitches of prev row, *2dc-ch2-2dc in next space* 3 times, join with sl in 3rd ch of beginning ch 3
Finish off and weave in all ends.